Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Update On Roosevelt Island's Island House Fire - Cause Was Electrical Says Fire Marshall


You Tube Video of Island House Fire

A reader of this post on the recent Island House fire asks:
Did Keith Guerra ever determine the cause of the fire ?
Roosevelt Island Public Safety Director Keith Guerra responds:
It was brought to my attention that one of your bloggers asked if I determined the cause of the fire on 11/30/09. I am not a Fire Marshall, not do I represent the Fire Department. I do not make determinations of causes for fires. I can only go by what I am told by those who do.

As per Chief Lamberta of FDNY, Fire Marshall Green of the Queens Division determined the cause of the fire to be electrical due to either too many electrical cords in one outlet or a faulty electric blanket. There was too much damage to pinpoint the exact cause of the fire 100%, but he was confident that it was one of those two things.

0 comments :