Monday, November 1, 2010

Statement From Mihaela Preradovic In Support Of Her Candidacy For Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) Common Council Delegate From Island House

Image of Mihaela Preradovic, RIRA Delegate Nominee From Island House

I was pleased to see so many new people choosing to get involved in the Roosevelt Island community by running for the Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) Common Council for their respective buildings during last week's Roosevelt Island Building Candidate Night's.

One of those new people is Mihaela Preradovic and she sends in the following Candidate Statement. Ms. Preradovic is a Delegate Nominee for the RIRA Common Council from the Island House Building.
My name is Mihaela Preradovic and I’ve called Roosevelt Island home for more than 5 years now. Being a resident of Westview, Island House and Manhattan Park throughout the last five years, I’ve established a close relationship with the Island neighborhoods, the people and its identity. This gave me a great opportunity to recognize community needs and wants and most importantly how best to contribute to its bright future.

I come from financial industry with strong leadership background and versatile resume. I have masters in business administration, and additional qualifications in information technology, finance and global affairs. Currently I am employed with an asset management company in midtown Manhattan as financial analyst. Non-professional leadership experiences include presiding over Rotaract club – Rotary International Student Chapter, for two consecutive terms, serving as president of Society for Human Resources Management as well as working with adolescents, organizing their afterschool activities and acting as a counsel. In addition, I lived and worked in several European countries and have traveled to more than 30 other countries which gave me a broad understanding of different ways of thinking.

Although Resident Association has been doing a great job, there is always room for improvement and further development. In addition to my commitment to this community, I bring ambition, determination and enthusiasm for any challenge this position may bring. I would like to see greater Resident Association authority over community related issues, closer collaboration between Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation and Residents Association, speedier reforms, stronger community and more residents taking charge.

I’ve embraced Roosevelt Island community as my extended family and it would be my honor to be elected for a Common Council Representative position.

If you have any questions, suggestions or inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. My e-mail address is: mihaela_pre@yahoo.com.

Thank You.
The list of all Building Delegate Nominees to the RIRA Common Council is here.

It appears that Ms. Preradovics' first name is incorrectly listed as Michael instead of Mihalea.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

mihaela is the best!