Roosevelt Island Operating Corporaton President (RIOC) Steve Shane sends the following report to Roosevelt Island residents.
1. Board Meeting 2/18 at 4:30, Town Hall meeting to folloW.This message was also published as the RIOC column in the 2/13/10 Main Street WIRE.
2. Tram: All on schedule for March 1 shutdown. Please familiarize yourself with alternate transportation options. See RIOC's website and posted materials. Less than 3 weeks to go. None should be surprised.
3. Projects continue. Avac, Octagon, Motorgate, etc.
4. FDR 4 Freedoms: nearing final documentation with NYC. Agreements for Development, Joint Funding, $ Escrow Deposit, State Parks, etc., all in final throes before execution and project commencement.
5. Snow: While I am in California this week, staying in close touch as to storm preparation. Everyone's cooperation in assisting in snow removal is much appreciated.
6. Budget: Presentation of proposed draft for fiscal year 2010/11 has been made to the community via RIRA, RIOC website and the WIRE. Any issues can be discussed at the town hall meeting on the 18th. Formal adoption of the final budget scheduled for the March Board meeting.
UPDATE 2/16 - Here's some more information on Roosevelt Island Red Bus schedule during the tram outage and the forthcoming Upper East Side traffic disruptions that will result from the work required to complete the Tram Modernization.
Will there be a party for the last trip on current Roosevelt Island Tram?