Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Make Sure To Stop When Flashing On The Roosevelt Island Bridge - Do You Get Some New Orleans Style Beads Too?

Has New Orleans Bourbon Street flashing tradition found another home at the Roosevelt Island Bridge?

Roosevelt Island Bridge Stop Flashing Sign

A Roosevelt Island resident exiting the Motorgate Garage on way over the Roosevelt Island Bridge to Queens reports yesterday:
Today, as I was driving around the bend from the garage to leave the island, the bridge was about to open. I was the first car in line when traffic stopped and while I was waiting I realized the absurdity of the sign in the enclosed photos. I wonder what genius or grammarian authorized it...maybe that person was in a college fraternity and thinks he still is?

I wonder if the man walking toward the sign in the second photo was about to flash.


Seriously, I know that the sign was put up by DOT, but can't they do a better job with our tax dollars?

That sign should read "STOP HERE WHEN GATE LIGHTS ARE FLASHING".

0 comments :