Saturday, March 17, 2012

Secret Agent Man Performed On Roosevelt Island Subway Platform While Waiting For F Train

A musician playing in the subway is a fairly common New York City experience but not on the Roosevelt Island subway platform. Except for today. Earlier this afternoon, I and several others  enjoyed this performance of Secret Agent Man while waiting for the F Train.


You Tube Video of Secret Agent Man Performed On Roosevelt Island Subway Platform

After the gentleman finished playing and those present applauded, I had a brief conversation with him from across the platform. He told me that he was coming from Coler Hospital where he performs for the patients. Unfortunately, I forgot his name but I thank him for a wonderful performance.

Secret Agent Man, known as Danger Man in England, was the name and theme song for one of my favorite TV programs and starred Patrick McGoohan. Some think that the Secret Agent Man character John Drake later became the imprisoned #6 from another great and very strange TV show, The Prisoner.

Be Seeing You.

0 comments :