MTA's Fast Track Subway Program Comes To Roosevelt Island This Week - No Roosevelt Island F Train Service In Either Direction Starting 10 PM Monday March 10 thru 5 AM Friday March 14, Q Line Extended To Roosevelt Island At These Times
The MTA is reporting that there will be no F train subway service to Roosevelt Island and other stations on the 6th Avenue subway line from 14th Street to Queensbridge/21 street starting 10 PM Monday March 10 until 5 AM Friday March 14 due to the Fast Track Subway repair program.
According to the MTA:
... F Trains run via the E between W 4 St and Roosevelt Av, in both directions.The MTA describes the Fast Track program as:
For service to Lexington Av/63 St, Roosevelt Island, and 21 St-Queensbridge, take the Q...
... a subway maintenance, cleaning, and repair program that shuts down segments of a subway line for several hours over consecutive weeknights or weekend days, allowing our employees to perform a number of critical maintenance jobs. The line shutdown approach has proven successful in that, under normal conditions in our 24/7 system, the scope and breadth of this important work would be impossible to accomplish with customers and trains moving through work areas. Thus far, since FASTRACK began in 2012, the results have had a positive impact on service with a reduction in train delays and a decrease in the number of track fires, while realizing cost efficiencies and a lower accident rate for employees.The Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) adds:
FASTRACK tasks typically include:
• Track – remove debris and repair or replace tie blocks and running rails.
• Third Rail Operations – clean and remove debris from under and around the third rail.
• Signals – perform general maintenance on signals and switches and replace dispatcher holding lights.
• Infrastructure – repair or replace handrails, signs, and tunnel lighting. Clean track drains and repair water damage/leaks.
• Electronic Maintenance – optimize performance of closed-circuit television monitors and cameras. Inspect and test public address system equipment.
• Station Environment – perform high-intensity station cleaning and painting as well as perform elevator and escalator repair work. Clean vents and drains....
10 PM to 5 AM, Mon to Fri, Mar 10 – 14
F trains are rerouted via the E between W 4 St and Roosevelt Av, in both directions.
•Use 8 Av A, C, E stations to connect with F trains to Queens and Brooklyn.
•Q service is extended to 21 St-Queensbridge via the F after 57 St-7 Av.
•Take the Q for service to/from Lexington Av/63 St, Roosevelt Island, and 21 St-Queensbridge.
This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations. Please call 511 for help with planning your trip. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay. For more information, click on the mta.info link in this email and read station signs.
12:30 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, Mar 11 – 14
179 St-bound F trains make local stops at 36 St, Steinway St, 46 St, Northern Blvd, and 65 St.
Travelers are advised to check online at http://mta.info or call 511 for the most current information on this or any other MTA service advisory. To sign up for real time alerts on planned service changes, visit MYMTAALERTS.com.