Roosevelt Island And Upper East Side NYC Council Member Ben Kallos Reviews First Six Months Accomplishments In Office - He's Seeking Your Feedback And Ideas
NYC Councilmember Kallos Honoring 5 Roosevelt Island Women At March 26 RIWHO Meeting
Roosevelt Island and Upper East Side NYC Council Member Ben Kallos
Image From Ben Kallos
sends the following report reviewing the first six months of his term in office. According to Mr. Kallos:
It has been six months since I became your City Council Member. In these six months, we have built a stronger community together. Through it all, the City has become more fair and compassionate, thanks to measures such as:Here's Mr. Kallos speaking during March 26 meeting of the Roosevelt Island Women's Health Organization.
I have also been fighting to improve our neighborhood and city as a whole:
- Expanding Senior Citizen Income Exemption (SCRIE);
- Funding Universal Pre-K; and
- Paid sick leave, all of which I was proud to support and advocate for.
Now, I want to hear from you: Have you received assistance from our office? Have you and I gotten the chance to meet? Have you been happy with the direction of the City and the advocacy I've taken on? Please reply with your feedback and ideas.
- As Chair of the Governmental Operations Committee of the New York City Council, I have taken on waste and corruption;
- Introduced legislation to make our often cynicism-inducing government more transparent.
- Took the fight against the Marine Transfer Station to another level; and
- Protected our neighborhood by prioritizing safe streets, healthy food, safe construction, science education and affordable housing.
This is just the beginning. I hope you'll take a chance to share your feedback at this six-month stage so we can continue to grow, learn and build a better neighborhood together.
Table of Contents
9. Healthy Food
10. A Fair Budget
You can contact Mr. Kallos here or at 212 860 1950.