Roosevelt Island Jobs Available - Cornell Tech Field Supervisor and Software Developer, Related Building Maintenance Technician, PS 217 Substitute Math Teacher & Property Management Customer Service
Are you looking for a job on Roosevelt Island? Take a look at these.
Cornell Tech is seeking a Field Supervisor for Site Logistics and Construction. According to Cornell Careers:
Cornell Tech is a newly created program within Cornell University, currently in the process of building a new campus on Roosevelt Island. The project includes the construction of a world-class campus, including major new public spaces, all new utilities and a series of new buildings for academic, business, residential and meeting purposes. The first phase of the project is under construction and will open in 2017.Click here for more information and to apply.
Cornell Tech seeks an experienced field supervisor who can work at the site to perform the following functions:
The site utilities were started in December 2014, and the field supervisor will be expected to oversee the project through completion of construction in Summer/Fall 2017....
- Oversee the construction of the landscape and site work to ensure that unique campus designed by James Corner Field Operations and SOM is realized;
- Oversee the implementation of a complex logistics plan that includes barging materials to the site, reducing impact on Roosevelt Island’s Main Street, communicating with Roosevelt Island’s governing body (RIOC) and ensuring compliance with site requirements;
- Coordinate with all construction management firms and consultants working at the site to ensure smooth operations in a complex construction environment;
- Represent Cornell’s interests at the construction site, and maintain close communication with Cornell Tech capital project team.
Cornell Tech is also seeking a software developer:
Cornell University is looking for a motivated self-starter, with a proven capacity to "get stuff done", to join our team as a software developer at Cornell Tech. This position will work with members of our team to deliver the UI components in a fast-paced environment.Click here for more information and to apply.
You should want to be a full-stack programmer. If you are just plain awesome at front-end development, but don’t quite have a lot of Node.js or database experience, we can work with that.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Building speedy, functional web applications, using HTML5, Angular.js,Bootstrap, and CSS3/SASS
- Designing and implementing user experiences for mobile, tablets, and browsers
- Work independently in the coding and testing of code
- Implement design specs accurately
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations to the project lead...
Related Management is seeking a Maintenance Technician. According to Craigslist:
Related Management has an exciting career opportunity for a Maintenance Technician located on Roosevelt Island. This position is for a new development and is approximately 245 units.Click here for more information and to apply.
Applicants must have strong knowledge of all maintenance areas including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC and boiler operations.
The Maintenance Technician will be an important member of a team that is responsible for all phases of building maintenance and operations. You will be responsible for common area site repairs that require knowledge of plumbing, electrical and carpentry, directly addressing all physical site needs including building interior, exterior and grounds; responding to service requests, preparing vacant units for future move ins, routine cleaning of the premises, and all other maintenance issues as may be required under the direction of the Resident Manager....
PS/IS 217 is seeking a Substitute Teacher. According to Craigslist:
PS/IS 217 a PreK -- Grade 8, NYCDOE District 2 public school, located on Roosevelt Island is seeking a long term substitute for a 4th and 5th grade math teacher. Candidate must be eligible for a substitute teaching license (Common Branch License) or currently possess a file number as a substitute. Please specify in the email if you are eligible or list your file number. The position is currently open and will last through the end of the school year. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Click here for more information.
Also, Craigslist reports:
Customer Service position available at top tier property management firm. Applicant must be Bi-lingual English/Spanish with great customer service skills both written and verbal. Applicants should have very solid computer and software skills and be a self-starter, and be someone that can think dynamically and remain cool, calm and organized under pressure. The perfect applicant has an Associates degree or higher with at least two years of work experience in a similar fieldGood Luck.