Roosevelt Island Youth Program Beacon Director Job Available - Requires Experience Supervising Staff And Developing After School, Teen And Adult Evening Programming
Are you looking for a job on Roosevelt Island? Then you may be interested in this position with the Roosevelt Island Youth Program.
Beacon Directors PositionPlease send resume and/or questions to email@example.com
Salary range: $43,000 – 47,000
Roosevelt Island Youth Program Inc. is currently seeking a Beacon Director with 2+ years experience supervising staff and developing effective programming for After-School, Teen and Adult evening programming. The ability to foster an already strong community relationship while developing new initiatives to engage an ever changing community.
A candidate must have at least a Bachelor's degree or higher in human services, recreation or related field and have a knowledge of New York City’s Department of Youth and Community Development Beacon requirements and it’s procedures.
• Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the Agency.
• Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Agency.
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of contract.
• Build upon the Program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
• Must be able to engage in crisis-intervention activities and demonstrate, lead, and teach a range of group activities.
• Ensure that Program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the Agency.
• Ensure that Program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standard.
• Assist with creating an annual budget and operating strategy to support the Program.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter who is detail-oriented, well-organized and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
• High standards and display integrity.
• Good computer, verbal and written communication skills.
• Afternoon and evening hours as well as some Saturdays are required.
Please remit all resumes and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roosevelt Island is a bedroom community unlike any in New York City.