Roosevelt Island Cultural Center Security & Building Manager Job Request For Proposals Issued By RIOC
Image Of Cultural Center Entrance
The Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) issued a September 16 Request For Proposals (RFP) seeking a security and building manager for the Roosevelt Island Cultural Center.
Image From RIOC RFP
According to the RIOC RFP (Page 1):
The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation ("RIOC" or “Owner”) is seeking a qualified security and building manager with prior, similar experience, for its Pilot Program, who is responsible, customer service oriented, has the ability to interact well with the public, can resolve conflict with diplomacy, and exercises sound judgement, and who will have a working relationship with the Public Safety Department and the Permitting Unit to provide security/building facilitator services for the Cultural Center located at 548 Main Street, on Roosevelt Island....and (Page 4):
... Scope of Work (included but not limited to):Click here for more information on the RFP and here for more information on the Roosevelt Island Cultural Center.
The Cultural Center is located in the basement of a multi-story building, of which, the Public Safety Department is housed above. The Cultural Center provides community space for the various groups on the Island to assemble. The Cultural Center consists of a Theater, two offices, a kitchen, and seven other rooms available to permitted users. These permitted rooms include three dance studios, three classrooms, and two storage rooms.
RIOC is seeking a qualified security and building manager – with prior, similar experience – who is responsible, customer service oriented, has the ability to interact well with the public, can resolve conflict with diplomacy, and exercises sound judgement, and who will have a working relationship with the Public Safety Department to provide the following services:
These services must be provided for a minimum of two eight-hour shifts not to exceed three eight-hour shifts, which will be determined according to necessity solely by RIOC. These services will also be provided for six (6) months, with the possibility of extending the contract another six (6) months. The qualified security and building manager will be expected to look professional and wear a uniform and name tag, displaying the represented firm and the employee’s name. All uniforms and name tags will be the sole responsibility of the successful bidder to provide. Additionally, the security and building manager will have all necessary certifications required by New York State, federal, local law, and regulations.
- Promptly and directly report to the Public Safety Department and the Permit Unit, any and all incidents requiring enforcement of Cultural Center Facility Use Guidelines;
- Ensure that permitted rooms within the Cultural Center are used appropriately, and in accordance with their permitted use;
- Monitor points of entry of the Cultural Center to ensure that doors are locked and secured;
- Read and enforce daily schedule of permitted use for permitted rooms inside the Cultural Center;
- Inspect permitted rooms after use by each permittee and receive filled out Cultural Center Checklist
- form after termination of each permitted use;
- Draft Unusual Occurrence Reports and notify PSD of any emergencies and or incidents that occur in the Cultural Center;
- Draft Unusual Occurrence Reports regarding any incidents or emergencies that occur with the facility
- and/or permitted users and also provide a copy to the Permitting Office each morning; and
- Coordinate with, and promptly notify the building Superintendent (and the Permit Unit) regarding any plumbing issues, or malfunctions with building fixtures and/or other equipment.
All interested bidders will be expected to appear for a walkthrough of the target facility, which will occur on September 23, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. ...
UPDATE 4:25 PM - The pre-bid meeting for September 23 has been cancelled.