Roosevelt Island Operating Corp Board Of Directors Meeting October 20 - Acting RIOC President/CEO Susan Rosenthal To Be Appointed Permanently To Position, Was There Any Executive Search Process For Job?
The Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) Board Of Directors are meeting tomorrow, October 20. Late this afternoon, RIOC issued an amended agenda to include the appointment of Acting RIOC President/CEO/ and General Counsel Susan Rosenthal
as the permanent RIOC President/CEO. According to the amended RIOC Agenda:
5. Appointment of Susan G. Rosenthal to the Position of President/Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation (Board Action Required–Materials to Follow)I don't know if any other candidates were interviewed for the RIOC President/CEO position by the RIOC Board of Directors or if any executive search process was conducted to fill the position.
Here's the amended agenda:
OCTOBER 20, 2016 MEETING OFUPDATE 10/21- Following a discussion in Executive Session, closed to the public, the RIOC Board approved appointment of Susan Rosenthal as the permanent RIOC President/CEO by a vote of 5 to 1.
THE ROOSEVELT ISLAND OPERATING CORPORATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THE CULTURAL CENTER THEATER, 548 MAIN STREET,
ROOSEVELT ISLAND, NEW YORK
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Minutes
1. September 8, 2016 Board Meeting (Board Action Required)
IV. Old Business
1. Authorization to Amend Contract with Major Systems Mechanical Corp. for the Boiler Installation and Heating System Improvements at Sportspark (Board Action Required)
2. Authorization to Amend Contract with RJ Green Construction Corporation for the Sportspark Roof and Façade Repairs (Board Action Required)
3. Authorization to Enter into a License with the New York City Economic Development Corporation, Make Environmental Findings, Override Portions of the New York City Zoning Resolution and Take Related Actions for the “Citywide Ferry Service Project” (Board Action Required)
4. Authorization to Amend Contract with Hawkins Webb Jaeger, PLLC for Engineering Consulting Services (Board Action Required)
5. Appointment of Susan G. Rosenthal to the Position of President/Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation (Board Action Required–Materials to Follow)
6. President’s Report
7. Committee Reports
a. Audit Committee
b. Governance Committee
c. Operations Advisory Committee
d. Real Estate Development Advisory Committee
8. Public Safety Report
RIOC Director Margie Smith was the only dissenting vote, not she said because of any objection to Ms. Rosenthal, but because Ms. Smith objected to the process of excluding the RIOC Directors from participating in the selection process once again by the Governor's office.
Video of the discussion on this subject here.