Referendum On RIOC Directors Performance, Southpoint Park Wildlife Protection, Cornell Integration, Removing Roosevelt Island Activist As Secretary And More On Agenda For March 1 RIRA Meeting - Come Learn What's Going On
The Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) Common Council will hold it's monthly meeting this evening, March 1, at 8:00 PM in the Good Shepherd Community Center (543 Main Street).
As always, prior to the start of each monthly meeting there is a Public Session in which residents can come and address the Common Council Delegates on any issue of concern.
Among the items on tonight's RIRA Agenda are:
- Cornell Integration Task Force,
- Committee Reports,
- Resolution To Protect Southpoint Park Wildlife,
- Resolution To Hold Referendum On RIOC Directors Performance and
- Requirements For Position Of RIRA Secretary (Another attempt to remove activist and current RIRA Secretary Frank Farance from RIRA)
AGENDACome to tonight's RIRA meeting and learn what is going on.
If at all possible, please arrive 15 mins early to help set up tables and chairs
Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Time & Place: 8:00 pm, Church of Good Shepard, Basement
1. Public Session (please sign-in to be placed on the Public Session Speaking List)
2. President’s Call to Seat Todd Caplan as Treasurer
3. Roll Call of Common Council Members
4. Adoption of Agenda
5. Approval of Minutes
a. February 1, 2017 Common Council Meeting Minutes
6. Treasurer Pro Tempore Report
7. President’s Report & Business
a. President’s Call for Ad Hoc Committee Chair, Cornell Integration Task Force
8. Committee Reports & Business
a. Children Youth & Education Ad Hoc Committee Report
b. Planning Committee Report & Resolution
i. Resolution for the Protection of Ecological and Wildlife Balance and Limited Alteration to SouthPoint Park (Movant: David Lawson, Planning Committee Chair)
c. Island Services Committee Report
d. SC&E Committee & Subcommittee Reports
i. Hands Only CPR Subcommittee Report
ii. Pay-It-Forward Subcommittee Report
e. Public Safety Committee Report
f. Constitution & Bylaws Committee Report
9. Old Business
10. New Business
a. Resolution to Hold Referendum on Each RIOC Director and the Performance of Their Role on the RIOC Board (Movant: Joyce Short, Government Relations Committee Chair)
UPDATE 3/2 - Resolution on RIOC Directors performance was not voted on but may be on the RIRA April Agenda.
Removing RIRA Secretary was not voted upon either. RIRA will see if anyone else wants the position before acting on removing current Secretary.