Thursday, July 19, 2007

MOVING DAY


I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF POSTS THIS WEEK BUT WAS IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING AND DID NOT HAVE MUCH TIME TO POST NOR WAS I ABLE TO CONVENIENTLY ACCESS THE INTERNET. I AM SURE YOU ALL KNOW WHAT A LOVELY EXPERIENCE MOVING IS AND GETTING RID OF YEARS OF ACCUMULATED JUNK.

RELOCATED WITHIN ROOSEVELT ISLAND TO SOUTHTOWN AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO REMAINING ON THE ISLAND. I HOPE TO ASSIST IN DOING WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATIONS AMONG THE VARIOUS ISLAND CONSTITUENCIES RESULTING IN A BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE FOR ALL WHO LIVE, WORK AND VISIT ROOSEVELT ISLAND.

I WANT TO USE SOME SPACE HERE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN READING THIS BLOG FOR THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS AND PARTICULARLY THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED THEIR OWN VIEWS AND QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION TO EACH POST. MY VIEW IS THAT THE MOST VALUABLE PART OF THIS BLOG WILL BE THE COMBINED DEDICATION AND WISDOM OF ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTE THEIR THOUGHTS, IDEAS AND QUESTIONS.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the new building near the tram? I have looked at a few apartments there, and am considering a move. How is it? Good luck and thnx.

ROOSEVELT ISLANDER said...

Yes, that is the building. Just moved in three days ago so it is too early to make definitive judgement but building certainly has great potential.

The main attraction for me was proximity to tram and subway since I hated the wasted 15 to 20 minute walking time to tram or subway. The apartments are a nice size with very good views but if you are facing north it may seem a bit close to the adjacent building. The gym and roof top area are first rate, though work is still being done on interior corridors and roof top party room. I must say that the building staff that I have dealt with is first rate including the concierges, handyman and porters.

As of now, if you want to stay on Roosevelt Island but be closer to Manhattan and other transportation options, I would seriously consider this building. The main consideration in making your decision is determining what it is you are looking for in a place to live.
I hope this helps.

ROOSEVELT ISLANDER said...

More thought on the building for you to consider.

Since apartments on the north side of the building are so close to the adjacent building it is possible, without wanting, to look into the windows of apartments at the other building and others can look into yours. This means you will definitely need to have curtains and/or shades. As of now the building does not provide shades which I find unusual since other apartments I have had did provide them.

In addition, the windows only open 4 inches wide although they can be opened much further but I am told this is a child protection requirement. I believe this can be waived if there are no children under certain age in apartment but have not heard back yet from building management. Also, as of now the building does not provide screens for the windows which I find surprising because again other buildings I have lived in did provide screens.

Still, as I said earlier, I think this building has great potential and am happy made the move here.