Update On Roosevelt Island Main Street Stores From RIRA Retail Committee - Public Library, Arcade Renovation, Trellis, Graphics & More
The Roosevelt Island Residents Assocation (RIRA) Retail Committee met with a representative of Main Street Master Leaseholder Hudson Related (H/R) last Thursday to receive a progress update
on store leasing and the renovation of Roosevelt Landings/Westview Arcade.
Here's a summary of the meeting from RIRA Real Estate Committee.
- Eastwood rehab should be finished in a month. There will be a delay rehabbing the other side of the street because approval needs to be given from building owners.
- The current graphics on the vacant windows are "temporary". H/R thinks they are snazzy and worthy of conversational. Members in attendance expressed mostly displeasure.
- Trellis - submitted renderings. But there is a dispute with how to enclose trash which must be okayed with both RIOC and owners. Also. there some exterior design problems holding up the renovations.
- 504- no movement for either floors. The library is being slow but hopefully a lease will be signed the end of June.
Flanagan - may be moving out. He expressed interest in starting a new business.
- Thrift - will be downsizing at some point.
- Benches - prototype for Main Street is being designed.
- Kiosks - stay of execution for current ones. Status quo on the electronic ones.
- Hardware Store - waiting for judge's verdict.
- Accountant and We are One - are in some sort of proceedings.
- Bakery - Fav's Bakery wants to come to site of old bakery. in negotiations.
- No comment on new leases.