Monday, July 30, 2007

Movie Cancellation Update from RIOC

RIOC President Steve Shane provides a reasonable answer to earlier post inquiring why outdoor movie event scheduled for last Saturday night was cancelled due to weather prediction of thunderstorms for that night on Friday afternoon rather than waiting until Saturday morning or afternoon for a more accurate forecast. Mr. Shane writes:

The cancellation of the movie had to be called by Friday at noon or we
would be charged for it anyway. Has been rescheduled.
Perhaps some type of weather insurance provision can be included in future agreements with outdoor event vendors.


Anonymous said...

Thanks - I was really annoyed by this - at least I know there ws a reason - great blog BTW.