Thursday, May 31, 2012

Roosevelt Island Parent Disappointed That Blackwell Sprinkler Fountain May Not Be Turned On For Summer - Learns Later In Day That Sprinkler Is Now On, Loves The Roosevelt Island Community

Yesterday afternoon, a Roosevelt Island parent sent in the following question:

Heard a rumor the fountains would not be turned on for the children to play in this year because they've been deemed unsafe, and I was wondering if you have any knowledge of this.

I know my boys are checking the fountains every day, looking for that sign of summer.
adding:
I was thinking specifically of the fountain behind Blackwell where the children play and parents gather in the evenings. It is such a great spot on warm evenings....
I replied:
Last April, RIOC VP of Operations Fernando Martinez said that parts were being ordered for the fountains. The Tram Fountain is now working but not Blackwell.

I just sent him an email asking for an update and will let you know what he says.
I did not receive a reply back from RIOC but received this update from the parent a few hours later:
The fountain is on! Lots of parents and kids will be there this evening. Love the RI community.
 Image Of Blackwell Park Water Sprinkler Working Last Evening

Have fun in the fountain and stay cool everyone. Summer is just starting.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

I likе what you guys are usuallу up too. Thіs kinԁ оf clever work аnd covеragе!
Keep up the terrіfic worκѕ guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll. Read More Here