Overriding NYC Zoning Resolution For Roosevelt Island Southtown Building 7 And Amending Resolution Appointing New RIOC President Charlene Indelicato Among Items On Agenda For RIOC Board Of Directors Meeting Today
... 6. Amendment of Resolution Appointing Charlene Indelicato to Position of President/Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation (Board Action Required)Prior to the scheduled May 23 RIOC Board meeting, I had asked RIOC about the amendment to resolution approving Ms. Indelelicato
7. Authority to 'Override' the New York City Zoning Resolution in Connection with the Development of Southtown Building 7 and Take Related Actions (Board Action Required)...
Ms Indelicato (seated on right) with RIOC Board Members and Staff At 5/15 Real Estate Comm Meeting
to the position of President but received no response.
More on Southtown Riverwalk Building 7
Image of Riverwalk Building 1-6 and future site of 7-9 from Wall Street Journal
negotiations with developer Hudson Related at this previous post.
Will find out what these issues are about later today.
During the Public Session preceding the RIOC Board Meeting, members of the Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) Public Safety Committee are expected to present their testimony regarding Public Safety Department brutality allegations to Ms. Indelicato who is presiding over her first Board Meeting.
Below is the full Agenda for today's RIOC Board meeting:
AMENDED AGENDAA webcast of the RIOC Board meeting will be available here.
MAY 30, 2013 MEETING OF
THE ROOSEVELT ISLAND OPERATING CORPORATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THE MANHATTAN PARK COMMUNITY CENTER,
8 RIVER ROAD, ROOSEVELT ISLAND, NEW YORK
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Minutes
1. April 4, 2013 Board Meeting (Board Action Required)
IV. Old Business
V. New Business
1. Authorization to Enter into Contract with Local 32BJ (Board Action Required)
2. Presentation of the FY 2012-2013 QTR 4 Procurement Report
3. Authorization to Enter into Contract with Gandhi Engineering, Inc. for the Engineering Design Services in Connection with the Roosevelt Island Helix Ramp Rehabilitation Project (Board Action Required)
4.Authorization to Enter into Contract with KS Engineers, P.C. for the Structural Evaluation and Feasibility Study of the Sportspark Facility (Board Action Required)
5. Ratification of Contract with Hill International, Inc. for Owner�s Representative Services (Senior Project Manager) (Board Action Required)
6. Amendment of Resolution Appointing Charlene Indelicato to Position of President/Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation (Board Action Required)
7. Authority to 'Override' the New York City Zoning Resolution in Connection with the Development of Southtown Building 7 and Take Related Actions (Board Action Required)
8. President�s Report
9. Committee Reports
a. Audit Committee
b. Governance Committee
c. Operations Advisory Committee
d. Real Estate Development Advisory Committee
10. Public Safety Report
The RIOC Board Meeting will commence following a public comment period. The public comment period is not part of the meeting.
Also, the Manhattan Community Board 8 Roosevelt Island Committee is meeting today at 7 PM.
UPDATE 5/31 - The amendment of resolution approving Ms. Indelicato's appointment as RIOC President was removed from the Agenda at beginning of Board meeting. No explanation given.
The authority to override NYC Zoning Resolution regarding Southtown Building 7 was approved. No explanation was given for the reason this was done either.