Please Answer Roosevelt Island Residents Association Community Survey Questions - Help Provide A Snapshot Of Life On Roosevelt Island
Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) Common Council Community Polling Chair Adib Mansour reports:I completed the @riraonline survey in 3 minutes to share my ideas about #RooseveltIsland quality of life issues. https://t.co/9ZdJtno37M— Janet L. Falk (@JanetLFalk) January 24, 2016
The Roosevelt Island Residents Association announces the launch of a comprehensive survey that will take a snapshot of residents’ life on the island.Please click here to answer the Roosevelt Island Survey.
This survey is an important tool for reaching out to neighbors, to assess a wide range of issues and obtain meaningful, actionable feedback. It will help RIRA gather data to identify areas of future action. The process will help us understand the demographics of our island, and the programs of possible interest to residents.
The RIRA Survey addresses aspects of life on Roosevelt Island, including:
The Survey is easy to read. It may be completed in less than 3 minutes. RIRA wishes to reach EVERYONE on the Island. For this comprehensive survey to work, we must hear from all the residents in all the buildings. Everyone can participate using their own email address. Please encourage your friends and neighbors to participate in the Survey.
- Building Specifics, such as safety, vandalism, maintenance, and Public Safety Department vertical patrols;
- General Island issues including traffic, pot holes on Main Street, variety of stores/merchants, parking, signage, and accessibility;
- Public Safety and the changes since Chief McManus implemented reforms requested by residents;
- Motorgate issues, including elevator malfunction, lighting, safety, accessibility, cement dripping and management;
- Health Concerns such as air quality, cleanliness of drinking water, and free CPR lessons from RIRA experts;
- Transportation issues connected to the tram, red busses, and subway;
- Engagement with Young Adults and whether the community is addressing their needs;
- Helix Ramp and safety for bikers, plus adequate signage;
- Seniors and adequate services.
Printed surveys will be available at the Public Safety Office and the Public Library. In addition, volunteers will be at the Public Library with a computer station to help residents complete the survey online (times to be posted at the Public Library). We will endeavor to provide translation service at no cost whenever possible.
The URL for the survey is:
Please complete the Survey before Friday, February 12, 2016.
RIRA will announce the Survey results at the Common Council meeting on Wednesday, March 2, 2016. We will work closely with RIOC and local elected officials to resolve the issues that are the highest priority.
For additional information, contact Adib Mansour at RIRAdib@earthlink.net