Help Fight Cancer While Having Fun With the Roosevelt Island Relay For Life - Come Learn More Saturday March 16 At Riverwalk Bar & Grill
Image From Roosevelt Island Relay For Life
Reported last September that:
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is inviting Roosevelt Island residents to organize and participate in a Relay For Life on Roosevelt Island.and:
A Relay For Life is:To date, 6 teams and 12 participants have joined the Roosevelt Island Relay For Life which is scheduled for June 15. If you would like to join or learn more about the Relay For Life, the Roosevelt Island planning committee is holding an "open house" at the Riverwalk Bar & Grill on Saturday, March 16 from 4-7 PM. All are invited.
Because it’s a team event, individual participants are not required to be there the entire time. But it's so much fun, you'll find it hard to leave!
- Organized, overnight community fundraising walk
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and build camraderie
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
Here's more on the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.