Monday, February 23, 2009

Resident Creates Roosevelt Island Google Search Engine - Every RI Question Can Now Be Answered?



All of your Roosevelt Island questions may now be more easily answered, well maybe not all but many, because Roosevelt Island resident Vini Fortuna has created a Roosevelt Island Google Search engine. Vini writes:
I'm writing to let you know that I've created a Google Custom Search Engine for Roosevelt Island.

It seems really useful for Roosevelt Island residents. You should give it a try. Some interesting queries are: [submetering], [soccer field], [dance], [cats].

You may restrict your results to Blogs only, RIOC only or The Wire only, but it usually searches many more sites. The search engine is also easily embeddable in any page.

While I'm here, I thought I might enjoy this panoramic photo I've found.
That is a cool photo. It is by artist Joergen Geerds who has done quite a bit of work from Roosevelt Island and has been the subject of several posts.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

i live at the octagon and i was just wondering if it was haunted and how many people died in that fire can u e-mail me your answer my email is dogkrazy2@yahoo.com thanks