It's About Time, Roosevelt Island Mobile Food Truck Permit Applications Finally Made Available From RIOC - But Will Anyone Come Due To Extra Fees and Regulations?
Here's the latest on Roosevelt Island Mobile Food Trucks. The Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) has finally issued food truck permit applications.According to the permit application:
PROCEDURE FOR MOBILE FOOD VENDOR PERMIT APPLICATIONSThe question now becomes if any Mobile Food Truck vendor will come to Roosevelt Island with the extra RIOC fees and regulations that are not required in any other NYC neighborhood?
1. Applicant completes the Mobile Food Vendor Permit Application Form and submits the form and all required attachments to the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation Parks and Recreation Department.
2. Upon review of application for completeness, the Parks and Recreation Department will circulate the application and attachments to the appropriate departments for approval.
3. Once all appropriate departments have processed and approved the application, the Parks and Recreation Department shall submit the application and all attachments to the Vice President of Operations for approval.
4. Vending sites are designated by the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation for placement of mobile food vendor carts/trucks.
5. Permit fee amount for each site is $345 per month. Permit fees must be paid by money order, certified bank check, official bank check or cashier’s check.
6. The deposit amount for each site is $345.00 which must be paid by money order, certified bank check, official bank check or cashier’s check.
7. Each year on April 1st, all sites will become available for reassignment.
8. Any violation of Title 17, Chapter 3, Subchapter 2, of the Administrative Code of the City of New York will result in the termination of a vendor’s permit. Vendor will also be held responsible for any costs incurred by the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation for any said violation.
9. Insurance. Applicant agrees to maintain:
a. Commercial General Liability Insurance providing both bodily injury including death and property damage insurance in a limit of not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000.00) combined single limit basis. Such insurance is to be written on an occurrence basis and shall name each of the Indemnitees as an additional insured.
b. Automobile Liability and Property Damage Insurance (where applicable) in an amount not less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) combined single limit for both bodily injury and property damage;
c. Worker’s Compensation Insurance and Employer’s General Liability Insurance as required under the Worker’s Compensation Law.
Certificates of Insurance for all aforementioned coverages shall be provided to RIOC prior to entering the Licensed Premises and bear notations evidencing a minimum of 10 day cancellation notice to RIOC. The Applicant's Commercial General Liability Insurance policy shall name RIOC, the Empire State Development Corporation, the Division of Housing and Community Renewal, the State of New York and the City of New York as additional insureds.
The complete Roosevelt Island Mobile Food Truck vendor application is here and the map of available locations here. The allowable locations for food trucks does include the West Promenade near the subway station which had been initially excluded by RIOC. Other locations include Lighthouse Park, Octagon Soccer Field, Tram Station and Southpoint Park. Existing street vendors are located at the Motorgate Farmers Market and Subway Station Fruit vendor.