Monday, July 9, 2012

Eddie's Pizza Food Truck Comes To Roosevelt Island, Hope They Stay For A Long Time And More Food Trucks Follow - We're Hungry and We're Waiting

Reported earlier today that Eddie's Pizza Food Truck would be coming to Roosevelt Island this evening setting up on West Road opposite Starbucks. They arrived about 4 PM

Image Of Eddie's Pizza Food Truck On Roosevelt Island

and Roosevelt Island residents started to line up to order their pizza or just ask questions about their food.


I tried Eddie's thin crust whole wheat spicy chicken with pepper pizza 10 inch bar and took it up to our rooftop deck with a Ginger Beer.


The pizza was light, flavorful and very tasty. Will certainly order from Eddie's again and try some of their other dishes.

Image Of Eddie's Pizza Food Truck Spicy Chicken With Pepper 10 Inch Personal Bar

Several people asked for slices but Eddie's Food Truck does not sell individual slices, only 10 and 16 inch bars/pies as well as sandwiches, sides and salads. Here's more of Eddie's Pizza Food Truck menu. Prices range from $7.50 to $18.50 depending on size and toppings.

Here's a tweet pleading:
and Eddie's Pizza Truck replies:
You can also call in your order to the Eddies Food Truck (917 439 75220). Eddie's Pizza Food Truck will be back all this week across from Starbucks from 4-8 PM. Give them a try.

Hopefully, a few more trucks with different types of food will soon be serving the Roosevelt Island community. Rickshaw Dumplings, Mexicue, Hibachi and others - we're hungry and waiting.

Roosevelt Island resident and photo blogger Olya Turcihin shares these photos of Eddie's Pizza Food Truck:

Image From Olya Turcihin

Image From Olya Turcihin

and adds:
For my Roosevelt Island friends - this is big news ...

Thin crust - but not crispy enough for me ... but wait - no I won't complain!
Image From Olya Turcihin

Image From Olya Turcihin

It was good! - I'm happy!
Me too.

12 comments :

alicep spaulding said...

We tried a large pepperoni and a chicken parm hero... both were ok. We took it all home and it was soggy by the time we go to it and heating it up in the oven didn't recrisp the thin crust. The parm was not great and I would not order it again, it was clearly just heated up and the bread was hard and thick, with very little cheese. There was a ricotta smear on the bread, which was delicious, just could have used a bit more. All this said, there's nothing better than having CHOICE! What a wonderful asset to the Island, I hope RIOC doesn't f*** it up!

YetAnotherRIer said...

From their tweet "Let's the roosevelt island operating corp know you want us here and we will do dinners every weeknight": That's kinda funny. Somebody should tell them that the current RIOC listens very rarely to what we residents here want. I don't think they want food trucks on this island and we need to be protected from them by the RIOC.

YetAnotherRIer said...

All our established restaurants here need this competition. Let's hope for the best.

alicep spaulding said...

I AM ANGRY! Tonight as I was walking home from the train I was accosted by a bunch of young kids trying to shove a Nonnos menu in my hand, they were basically surrounding the Eddies pizza truck, and up the street. Then I saw the owner of Nonnos directing the kids where to stand. I am outraged! It's like a form of bullying. If Nonnos can't handle the competition then get out of the kitchen, or maybe they should be reconsidering the quality of the pizza they are providing, which is mediocre at best. Isn't it enough they own several places. They don't offer what Eddies offers, it's a different variety. I know they have invested in the Island, but at what cost to the residents if a truck is going to be bullied off the Island. I usually order Nonnos pretty regularly, but not now, as long as I see this behavior I am officially boycotting Nonno's, hope you will join me until our voices are heard!

Mark Lyon said...

I gave them a try tonight.  There were some kids with flyers for Nonno's.  They were a bit aggressive, but highly motivated, which is exactly what we need - aggressive desire to outshine competition.
Ordered the Eddie's Favorite (they also gave me a free sausage pizza).  La Bella Torte was also set up directly behind Eddie's, so I boarded the red bus with plenty of pizza and chocolate chip cannoli for dinner.  Wait time for the pizza was around 5 minutes.  When I arrived at Manhattan Park, the pizza was still hot and crispy.  The thin crust is quite nice and the toppings shine.  There were mountains of toppings on the Favorite; the veggies were also crisp and fresh.

The cannoli were a good end to the meal.  The proprietor filled them while I ordered, keeping the shells crispy.  The filling was tasty, but not overly sweet.

bakgwailo said...

Well, lets hope that it actually causes Nonno's to greatly improve the quality (and price) of their pizza...

YetAnotherRIer said...

Is anger really the right reaction? It is just as annoying as politicians popping up out of the blue standing in front of the subway station "forcing" a handshake on everybody when election times are near. Or Mr. Katz asking every passer-by if he/she is a registered democrat. I am glad that Nonno is getting a bit scared. Let the food decide. You want the truck to succeed? Get your pizza from them.

Westviewer said...

I'm not holding my breath.

Anonymous said...

Nonnos will run THIS pizza truck off the island. Just Like he did to dominos pizza at THE farmers market.

alicep spaulding said...

Yes, anger is appropriate, it was aggressive and improper behavior for someone trying to be a part of our community. Nonno should be scared, we get mediocre service and product from them. I have bought something at one or both trucks every chance I have gotten and will stick with my boycott. He's made it very easy to make a different choice.

Anonymous said...

YES i Will boycott also

Jelly Chloe Montesclaros said...

For a change!  We came here for our wedding anniversary & enjoyed it. Lovely food with excellent service always attentive without being intrusive. My wife a
Filipino woman
and I are a big fan of their pizza! Legit!