Friday, July 15, 2011

Fairway Upper East Side Market Representatives Promoting New 86 Street 2nd Avenue Store's July 20 Opening At Roosevelt Island Subway Station - Bit Of A Hike So Will Fairway Deliver To Roosevelt Island?


While walking past the Roosevelt Island subway station this evening, I was surprised to find representatives from Fairway Market distributing flyers announcing the July 20 Grand Opening of the Second Avenue and 86 Street Fairway Market.

Fairway Market Reps At Roosevelt Island Subway Station

It may be a bit of a hike to the 86 Street Fairway for some Roosevelt Island residents but it is a new option for those who wish to take advantage of it. The Fairway Market is a wonderful place to shop.

I asked the Fairway representatives if Fairway will deliver to Roosevelt Island but they did not know the answer. I will find out if they do.

Also, Fairway will soon have an online shopping service, though it is unknown if service will extend to Roosevelt Island. I hope it does - competition for Fresh Direct.

2 comments :

Bill Long said...

The hike doesn't seem to stop all the people I see carrying Whole Foods bags. And I'm all for competition, so I hope Fairway can beat Fresh Direct on price, quality and service, which are already better than any other grocery in a 10-mile radius (including Costco--if you notice the three-part comparison I made).

austinscottbrooks said...

Going
to Fairway
is always an experience, and we're looking forward to checking out this new
Upper East Side location.