Sunday, November 26, 2017

Roosevelt Island Public Safety Director Coaches And Mentors RIYP 2017 Soccer League Senior Division Champion Players - Teamwork Pays Off Says Chief McManus

The Roosevelt Island Youth Program (RIYP) Soccer League completed it's 16th season last weekend with the Minors, Juniors and Seniors Championship playoff games.

Roosevelt Island Public Safety Director Jack McManus has been coaching RIYP soccer league players for the last 5 years. PSD Director McManus reports:

This past weekend the team I coach won the Senior Division Championship (ages 14-17), in the Roosevelt Island Youth Soccer League in a close 3-2 victory. I am so proud of how well the boys played all season. I believe we won because the boys played so well together as a team, foregoing concentration on individual accomplishment.


I thoroughly enjoyed coaching this group in my fifth year of coaching in RIYP Executive Director Charlie Defino's soccer program. Special thanks to Charlie’s assistant, Andrey Chichagov, along with Franz, Joanne, and all of the referees.

I can't believe this is my 5th season coaching on the Island and my 4th season with the 13-17 age group, a great age for Mentoring and/or Intervention and it's so enjoyable to watch the kids grow in so many ways right before my eyes. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a small part of their lives.
UPDATE 11/30 - More on the 2017 RIYP Soccer League Season and Championships here.

0 comments :