Interim RIOC Operations Vice President And Review Of All Open Roosevelt Island Projects On Agenda For Operations Committee Meeting Tonight - RIOC Hurricane Sandy Response, Four Freedoms Park Illegal Fence And Operations, Boat Prow Restoration and More Also On Agenda
Image of RIOC VP Of Operations Fernando Martinez (center) at 11/15 Ops Committee Meeting
As reported last November 19, Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) Vice President of Operations Fernando Martinez resigned his position effective December 21.
... Reasons for Mr. Martinez resignation are not known as yet. He will be difficult to replace since he is so familiar with all aspects of Roosevelt Island and nobody on the current staff has his detailed knowledge about Roosevelt Island.According to the Agenda for RIOC Operations Committee scheduled for later today, Mr. Martinez will report to the Committee on:
This is a big deal, particularly with the many Roosevelt Island infrastructure issues that need to be addressed as well as coordination of the new Cornell NYC Tech Campus and Southtown Buildings 7-9....
... all Open Projects and Contracts for Turnover...Also, there will be a:
... Chairs Motion for Executive Session to Review and Discuss:Below is the Agenda for tonight's RIOC Operations Committee meeting:
a. Discussion of Possible Interim Vice President of Operations...
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a meeting of the Operations Advisory Committee of the RIOC Board of Directors will be held on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. at the RIOC administrative office, 591 Main Street, Roosevelt Island, New York.An audio web cast of the meeting will be available within a few days.
1. Report on RIOC�s Response to Hurricane Sandy
2. Report from Fernando Martinez on all Open Projects and Contracts for Turnover
3. Discussion of Southpoint and Four Freedoms Parks Fence and General Operational Issues
4. Update on Prow Restoration Project
5. Update on Cultural Center Repairs
6. Update on Camera Project
7. Update on Parking Project
8. Discussion of Octagon Field Issues
9. Discussion of Additional Project Management Support
10. Chair�s Motion for Executive Session to Review and Discuss:
a. Discussion of Possible Interim Vice President of Operations
b. Discussion of Personnel Performance Review and Promotion Policy
11. Any Other Committee Business That May be Brought Before the Committee
The Open Meetings Law of the State of New York requires that all public bodies conduct meetings, convened for the purpose of officially conducting public business, in a manner open to attendance by the general public to observe and listen.