Friday, August 13, 2010

Leslie Torres Comments On First Week As RIOC President - Whirlwind Of Roosevelt Island Activity And Meetings

Image of New RIOC President Leslie Torres After Being Appointed By RIOC Board of Directors

Leslie Torres is about to complete her first week of work as the President of the Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC).

I asked her:
I hope your first week at RIOC is going well.

If you wish to share any thoughts or comments you have on your first week as RIOC President with the Roosevelt Island community, I would be happy to post them on the Roosevelt Islander blog.

I am sure the residents would be interested in what you have been doing, how you are getting acclimated to your new position and what are your top priorities as RIOC President.
Ms. Torres responded:
My first week has been a whirlwind of activity, filled with meetings with staff, developers and Roosevelt Island residents. I have met with so many people who are dedicated to Roosevelt Island and making the Island a great place to live, work and/or visit. It has already proven to be incredibly inspiring experience. A great first week indeed.
Will be interesting to find out what Ms. Torres discussed and learned from these conversations. I hope that she will share these thoughts with the Roosevelt Island community.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I would like to know what developers Ms. Torres met with and what was the topic of their conversation? Is she already to make her "mark" by commissioning another Southtown or Octagon? BTW, I think her appointment calendar must be made public. I believe the residents have a right to know who she is meeting with and how she is allocating her time.

Anonymous said...

hey Mr anonymous, post your schedule up here on this blog so we know what your daily routine is and who you are meeting with. We have a right to know how you are allocating your time.

Anonymous said...

Let's ask the President of the United States to do the same thing. We need to know, right?

Anonymous said...

What the heck is in the water on Roosevelt Island. I thought Harbor island was bad. You people are nuts!

Anonymous said...

I agree - - these people are sick if they are equating some housing bureaucrate with the POTUS. Next thing you know they will be demanding that she fly to Albany on Roosevelt Island One!!!