BREAKING NEWS - RIOC Agrees To Terms With Cornell NYC Tech For Roosevelt Island Campus Subject To Board Of Directors Approval At December 12 Meeting
Image of Goldwater Hospital/Future Cornell NYC Tech Campus From Google Maps
Reported earlier today:
The Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) Real Estate Advisory Committee is meeting for the second time in less than a week for an update on the negotiations with Cornell for the land controlled by RIOC which is part of the planned Cornell NYC Tech campus....and:
... All reports are that the RIOC Directors and staff are battling hard to protect the interests of Roosevelt Island in these negotiations with Cornell...
Credit: Kilograph via Cornell NYC Tech
It looks like an agreement has been reached between Cornell and RIOC subject to approval of the RIOC Board at the December 12 Directors Meeting.
Just received this Amended Agenda for Thursday's RIOC Board Of Directors Meeting which includes this addition:
... 7. Authorization to Enter into an Amendment of the Master Lease with the City of New York and to Take Related Actions in Connection with the Cornell Tech Campus Development, Including Making Environmental Findings and Entering Into a Development Agreement and Other Related Agreements (Board Action Required)...Seeking official confirmation from RIOC and will update when more information becomes available.
Here is the full RIOC Agenda for December 12 Board of Directors Meeting.
DECEMBER 12, 2013 MEETING OF
THE ROOSEVELT ISLAND OPERATING CORPORATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THE MANHATTAN PARK COMMUNITY CENTER,
8 RIVER ROAD, ROOSEVELT ISLAND, NEW YORK
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Minutes
1. November 7, 2013 Board Meeting (Board Action Required)
IV. Old Business
V. New Business
1. Approval of the Proposed RIOC Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15 (Board Action Required)
2. 2014 Meetings of the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation Board of Directors (Board Action Required)
3. Ratification of Amendment of Contract with Hill International, Inc. for Owner's Representative Services (Senior Project Manager) (Board Action Required)
4. Authorization to Enter into Amendment of Contract with Guidepost Solutions, LLC for Public Safety Department Management Services (Board Action Required)
5. Ratification of Waiver of Notice Period, Consent to Riverwalk Place LLC and Riverwalk Landing LLC Leasehold Interests Refinancing, and Related Actions Taken (Board Action Required)
6. Authorization to Enter into Contract for Purchase of a Conventional Dump Truck (Board Action Required)
7. Authorization to Enter into an Amendment of the Master Lease with the City of New York and to Take Related Actions in Connection with the Cornell Tech Campus Development, Including Making Environmental Findings and Entering Into a Development Agreement and Other Related Agreements (Board Action Required)
8. President’s Report
9. Committee Reports
a. Audit Committee
b. Governance Committee
c. Operations Advisory Committee
d. Real Estate Development Advisory Committee
10. Public Safety Report
 The RIOC Board Meeting will commence following a public comment period. The public comment period is not part of the meeting.