Full Video Of Cornell NYC Tech Roosevelt Island Campus Construction Town Hall Meeting - Learn About Demolition, Construction, Barging, Open Space Plans & More
Check out the video below of the February 5, 2014 Cornell NYC Tech Roosevelt Island Community Town Hall Meeting presentation, discussion and resident Q &A on the current status of campus construction project as well as plans for future including open public space.
Cornell NYC Tech VP Cathy Dove introduced the proceedings with Cornell NYC Tech Director of Capital Planning Andrew Winters, Aric Domozick from PAL Environmental Services on demolition of the Goldwater Buildings and Karen Tamir of James Corner Field Operations on the landscaping plan for the open public space on the Roosevelt Island campus.
Among the topics discussed were:
- Goldwater Hospital demolition plans,
- Hazardous materials and other safety issues,
- Avoiding breaking underground utilities during construction,
- Barging during demolition and construction,
- Height Of Residential Building blocking views of Queensboro Bridge,
- Public access to the campus,
- Safety of migratory birds from hitting campus buildings,
- Building pedestrian to Queensboro Bridge from Roosevelt Island and
- much more.
More information on the Cornell NYC Tech Roosevelt Island project at this previous post and the Cornell construction web site