Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Barack Obama Acceptance Speech Party on Roosevelt Island - Watch Olberman, Scarborough and the Other Pundits Get The Shovels Out

Image from barackobama.com

A fellow Roosevelt Island resident and Barack Obama supporter sends along the following invitation:
I wanted to let you know that my boyfriend and I are having a DNC watch party on Thursday night in my apartment. If you want to post it on RooseveltIslander that would be great. I'll have some snacks and "Baracktails" (haha). Hopefully we can get some Islanders there and sign up anyone who's interested in doing campaigning trips/fundraising/voter registation/phonebanking. My apt is a small one bedroom, but we have a fairly sizable TV, so the more people we can cram in the merrier!
If anyone is interested please RSVP to carly.fraser at gmail.com

Keith Olberman and Joe Scarborough had an interesting dialogue on MSNBC last night discussing the present state of the horse race between Obama and McBush- I mean McCain. Here's You Tube video of the Get the Shovel Joe exchange. I think Chris Mathews was right with what he said at the end of the video - it was shovel to shovel.



UPDATE 8/31: Here's the video of Barack Obama's acceptance speech.

1 comments :

Robert Elart Waters said...

Given their history, I wonder whose speeches Obama and Biden will give?