RIOC Real Estate Committee Meeting Today - Roosevelt Island Cultural Center Rehabilitation, Improved Public Amenities And Octagon Composting On Public Agenda - Executive Session On Southtown Development, Cornell NYC Tech, Steam Plant, & Main Street Retail Space
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a meeting of the Real Estate Development Advisory Committee of the RIOC Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. at the RIOC administrative office, 591 Main Street, Roosevelt Island, New York.An audio web cast of the meeting will be available soon after the meeting.
1. Update on 548 Main Street Cultural Center Rehabilitation
2. Discussion/Identification of Areas for Improved Public Amenities
3. Discussion of the Octagon Composting Site Permit
4. Chair's Motion for Executive Session for Update on Current Negotiations Regarding:
a) Southtown Development
b) Cornell NYC
c) Steam Plant
d) Main Street Retail Sublease
5. Any Other Committee Business That May be Brought Before the Committee
Here's the latest on Cultural Center Rehabilitation from February 13 RIOC Operations Committee. The Committee discussed potential users of the renovated space. including current occupants (Main Street Theater, Roosevelt Island Jewish Congregation) as well as potential new users (Islamic Center and others).
Current longstanding occupants of the Cultural Center are concerned they may lose some space within the reconfigured Center after its rehabilitation from summer flooding to future users.