Thursday, September 4, 2008

Assembly Member Micah Kellner Joins The Blogosphere and Has Office Hours Every Thursday Afternoon on Roosvelt Island

Image from Assembly Member Kellner's NY State Assembly Page

Received the following message from Assembly Member Micah Kellner inviting all Roosevelt Islanders to visit his new blog.
I wanted to do something more than just a monthly E-Newsletter,” said Assembly Member Kellner. A blog allows me to instantly update people on events and issues without feeling like I’m constantly spamming them. More importantly, through the comments function my blog creates the opportunity for an ongoing digital discussion. I hope East Siders and Roosevelt Islanders will keep me up to date on their thoughts and opinions on all the things I post about.”

MicahKellner.net also features online surveys regarding important issues, downloadable publications (like testimony, press releases, and reports) from the Assembly Member’s office, information on the bills he has sponsored, and streaming video of his recent community events.

“MicahKellner.net is designed to spur a dialogue with my constituents so I can better represent them,” said Assembly Member Kellner. “Instead of a traditional website I decided to go with a blog format because it allows folks to answer Ed Koch’s age old political question, ‘How am I doing?’ in just a few clicks.

Assembly Member Kellner’s community office, which is fully-wheelchair accessible, is located at 315 East 65th Street, between First and Second Avenues, on the lower level; office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Assembly Member Kellner continues to hold Roosevelt Island office hours every Thursday from 3-7pm at the RIOC offices at 591 Main Street.

0 comments :