What's The Deal With Roosevelt Island Main Street Retail - Full Update From Master Leaseholder Hudson Related & Broker Cushman & Wakefield Begins Roosevelt Island Re-Branding To Retailers
As reported September 17, Roosevelt Island Main Street Master Retail Leaseholder Hudson Related hired Cushman & Wakefield as the new leasing broker to try and rent the long vacant Roosevelt Island Main Street stores.
Image Of Vacant Rivercross 503 Main Street Store
The Roosevelt Island Residents Association (RIRA) Main Street Retail Committee met September 25 with Hudson Related representative Pedram Mahdavi and Main Street Retail Stores new leasing broker Michael Azarian from Cushman & Wakefield to get a status update.
I asked Mr. Azarian how Cushman & Wakefield will market Roosevelt Island Main Street stores to retailers and overcome the problem of potential store owners coming to Roosevelt Island on a weekday afternoon and seeing very few people on the street.
Mr. Azarian and Mr. Mahdavi spoke with the RIRA Main Street Retail Committee for about an hour.
Here's the full update of meeting.
- Introduction of Cushman & Wakefield team,
- Update on new CDM Kids Daycare and Union Medical Urgent Care facility expected to open in October,
- Progress or lack thereof with Trellis Diner and
- Renovation of M&D Deli.
- Discussion of Shops on Main Street leasing program,
- Potential new tenants such as hardware store, pet care and
- Way finding signage.
- Discussion of signage,
- Attracting tourists and Southtown residents to Main Street stores and
- Need for more restaurants.
- Attracting residents to Main Street Stores,
- Re-branding Roosevelt Island to retailers,
- Lack of foot traffic,
- Asking rents for space,
- Problems with Trellis renovation and
- Island Wines window visibility signage.
- Potential tenants including fitness center, restaurants etc,
- No restaurants with venting currently allowed in Rivercross bulding and
- Opening of new library and Catholic Parish in 504 Main Street.
- Update on 504 Main Street new Public Library and Cabrini Church.
Here's Cushman & Wakefield Roosevelt Island Shops On Main Street Brochure.
The Roosevelt Island Main Street Trellis Dine hopes to re-open in January 2016 and has started a Kickstarter fundraising campaign to help them complete renovations.