Monday, February 17, 2020

It's True, Roosevelt Island Is A Magical Little Island - Captured By New Resident's Tram Sketch And Nighttime Tram Aerial View Video

Jessica Klein is a recent arrival to Roosevelt Island and a talented sketch artist. I and several other residents noticed and liked her Roosevelt Island Tram  sketch social media post


I asked Ms Klein for info on the sketch. According to Ms Klein:

I'm flattered and surprised to get such a nice response from from people about this drawing.

There' not a ton of backstory, I am a designer and I moved to the Island a handful of months ago (from Brooklyn) with my husband and son. I always take my sketchbook with me wherever I go - it helps me to explore the world around me. Somehow, when I have a pencil or stylus in my hand, examining new places is more intimate. I take the tram a lot with my son to go to the "mainland" and so I did this drawing on one of those commutes.

I have had several requests from residents about purchasing a print of this, and due to the demand I am planning on printing this (and hopefully sharing more drawings from this series). If anyone is interested in contacting me directly they can shoot me an email at iwonderhow@jessklein.is
Among the magical elements of Roosevelt Island is



a nighttime ride on the Roosevelt Island Tram. (Click full screen icon at bottom right for glorious view)

0 comments :