Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Roosevelt Island Featured On NYC Grid Block By Block Photoblog - Take A Look

Image From NYC Grid

Paul Sahner, a former Roosevelt Island, resident has created a great New York City neighborhood photo blog called NYC Grid. He sends in the following message.
I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that all this week, starting today with a post on the Tram, I'll be featuring Roosevelt Island on my photoblog, NYC Grid. Over the next 5 days I'll be posting over 400 photos covering South Point Park, Southtown, Northtown, and Octagon & Lighthouse Parks.

A little background, NYC Grid is a photo blog I started last year dedicated to exploring and discovering The City of New York block by block and corner by corner. I update it every weekday, and have each post cover a new block with a focus on the mundane and ephemeral. So far I've documented nearly 150 individual blocks – with no end in sight!
Mr. Sahner introduces Roosevelt Island:
Welcome to Roosevelt Island. A misunderstood place where time slows down, weather patterns change, and 25¢ will still get you a decent bus ride. This week's posts are going to present you with a cross section of Roosevelt Island – from the southern most tip, all the way up to Lighthouse Park.
Image from NYC Grid

More Roosevelt Island photos from NYC Grid are here. Take a look!

0 comments :