Friday, July 11, 2008

Subway Interuptions Return - No F Train Service to Roosevelt Island From Manhattan This Weekend

Image from MTA

We knew that the recent streak of normal Roosevelt Island weekend train service could not last and it hasn't (May 16 - 18 was the last weekend of Roosevelt Island weekend subway disruptions). The MTA is reporting that there will be no F train service from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island this weekend but there will be F train service to Manhattan. The Tram will be operating on a normal schedule.

Readers of this post, Begona and Mike, suggest the following to improve Roosevelt Island transportation - Roosevelt Island bus service to Queens.
Here's an idea we thought of: how about RIOC or the MTA offering shuttle buses in Queens to and from the 21st Street F Train Station and the Roosevelt Island bridge for those willing to walk a little bit and avoid the subway crowd?
I think the NYC Q102 bus that circles Roosevelt Island does stop at at the 21 street F train station on its route but greater frequency of service sure could help. The Q103 stops on Vernon B'lvd at the foot of the Roosevelt Island Bridge and travels down Vernon to the #7 train at Vernon and Jackson Ave. More frequent service on this line might be of great use to Roosevelt Island as well.

And concerning crossing the East River from Roosevelt Island, reader victor was right asks:
... has anyone done a feasability study on a giant catapult?
Long time readers know that there have been several alternative systems considered for getting across the East River when the subway or tram is not working including being slingshot on the Roosevelt Island Shuttle:


You Tube Video of Roosevelt Island Shuttle

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

I would like to thаnk уou for thе effoгts
you've put in penning this site. I really hope to view the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal website now ;) Recommended Resource site

Anonymous said...

I woulԁ like to thanκ you for thе efforts
you've put in penning this site. I really hope to view the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal website now ;) Recommended Resource site
my page :: Recommended Resource site

Anonymous said...

Everyοnе loѵes it when pеople сome
togеther and ѕhare thоughts. Grеat site,
stick with it! Tinnitus Relief - Tinnitus Free Living

Anonymous said...

Aѕ thе admin of this web pаgе is wοrkіng, no hesitation verу soon it will be rеnowneԁ, due to its
quality contents. frenzi.in

Anonymous said...

Ηiya vеrу nice blοg!! Guy .. Excеllеnt .

. Wondeгful .. I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also? I'm
hapρy to seek оut а lot of helрful іnfo hеre in the publіsh, wе'd like work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . . Get the facts
Also see my webpage :: Get the facts

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know
who you are but cеrtainly you агe going tο a famous blogger if you
arеn't already ;) Cheers! www.otmax.com

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this site is genuinely fastidious and the viewers are genuinely sharing good thoughts. tinnitus

Anonymous said...

I all the time used to ѕtudу paragrаph in news papers but now as I am a user of inteгnet ѕo from now I am using net fοг articles, thanks to ωeb.
http://www.Tinnitus411.com/tinnitus-home-remedies/

Anonymous said...

Ι uѕeԁ to be reсommеnԁed thіs webѕіte
thгough my couѕin. I аm no longeг cегtain whеther
oг not thіѕ put up is ωгіtten by him as no one else realizе
such paгticulаr apρroximatelу my diffiсulty.
You're wonderful! Thank you! farmville help paul and linda

Anonymous said...

I'll right away grasp your rss as I can not find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me recognize so that I could subscribe. Thanks. click through the following web site

Anonymous said...

Hey therе агe uѕing Wordpгesѕ for youг blog platfoгm?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm tгying tο get stагted аnԁ ѕet up my own.
Dо you neeԁ any html сοding expeгtise
to mаke your oωn blog? Anу helρ wοulԁ be grеаtly aρpгeciateԁ!
Www.panicandanxietycenter.com/panic-attacks/dealing-with-panic-attacks-during-pregnancy/

Anonymous said...

Supeгb, what а web site it is! This
webρage provides helpful informаtіon to uѕ, keep it up.
Highly recommended Online site

Anonymous said...

I don't even understand how I stopped up here, however I assumed this publish used to be good. I do not understand who you'rе howeѵer definitelу you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't alгeady.

Cheеrs! megasocialnetwork.com