Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Roosevelt Island Good Samaritan Helps Another Resident Retrieve Stolen Iphone - Good Job!


Iphone Thief Image From Maximum PC

The 4/6 - 4/ 7 Roosevelt Island Daily Public Safety Report included this incident:
Robbery- Two male subjects forcible took an I phone from a female in the street. Witness ran after them. The cell phone was thrown on the ground. The witness returned the phone to the owner. PSD responded and conducted a search for the subjects with negative results. PSD crime unit to file a police report.
Roosevelt Island Public Safety Department Chief Keith Guerra provides some additional details:
The Good Samaritan was a male who witnessed the I-phone being snatched out of the woman's hand. When he yelled and started chasing the subject, the I-phone was immediately dropped to the side by the fleeing subject. The Good Samaritan picked it up and returned it to the woman - who suffered no injuries. Our Ant-Crime Officers are looking further into the matter.
Mr. Guerra adds the incident occurred:
Yesterday, April 6th at approximately 9:35PM in front of 400 Main St. (Train Station).

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I hope they catch that Knuckle-head.

Anonymous said...

If I ever witness anything like that the offenders will be very very sorry before I turn them over to PSD!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think these people tried to steal my phone as well. Yesterday as I was walking home from the subway 3 boys tried to rip my phone out of my hand. Luckily they didn't succeed and once I started screaming they left me alone. Hopefully they catch who did this.

Anonymous said...

PSD and the Island NYPD officer know who these kids are. They also have their hands tied when victims and witnesses don't give accurate descriptions or refuse to file a NYPD report. I understand, if you get your property back no long term harm is done to you BUT by not following up with a report you are allowing these kids to get away with it, and go on to do it to someone else. Most cell phone carriers have phones with built in cameras why not try to snap a picture of the kids. Even if it's a photo of them running away. The Island is only but soo big! You will see these kids again, and when you do are you willing to head to Public Safety and do you civic duty!
Islanders are quick to blame Public Safety for a lot of things but there are only so many things they can do. We can at times do more then they can, by simply opening our eyes and ears more.

Anonymous said...

I see hundreds of clueless people walking to and from the subway, especially on the west seawall. Listening to their ipods or chatting on the phone, paying absolutely no attention to their surroundings. I know crime is down in NYC but it is still NYC. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!