Thursday, September 1, 2011

Take A Bike Ride Over The Roosevelt Island Bridge - Not To Worry, No Rain

Previous posts have reported on bicycle riding safety over the Roosevelt Island Bridge:

... It's great that a lane is set aside for cyclists crossing the bridge into Queens. But it would be helpful if the bridge's metal grill were covered by some sort of mat. You may not be aware of this, but -- when it rains -- metal-grill bridges are like sheets of ice if you're a cyclist, especially if you're on a road bike with thin tires....
and the bike riding prohibition signage on the the Roosevelt Island Bridge pathway:
... These signs tell me I can't ride my bike on the path across the bridge...
Here's what it's like to ride a bicycle in the bike lane over the Roosevelt Island Bridge


You Tube Video of Bike Ride Over Roosevelt Island Bridge

and a bike ride tour around Roosevelt Island.
Come share a bicycle ride courtesy of Ride Gotham and You Tube around Roosevelt Island starting on the East Channel facing Queens near the Octagon....

5 comments :

guest said...

A bicyclist can always walk his/her bike across on the walkway.

If it is rainy and the surface is slippery on part of the bridge,
the solution is to lift the bike onto the pedestrian path and walk for that part of the bridge.

Ayyycaramba said...

Stop trying to make sense my friend.

This island is full of babies who if they had to power, hire a personal driver to get them over the metal grating. Perhaps put one of those manhattan pedi-cabs with a cycle holder in the back of the buggy?

That's an idea!

Swosei12 said...

The point of this IS?!!! I ride across the bridge 2x a day and I have yet to encounter a problem with the grate. If it is that big of a deal, walk the bike across the bridge.

Tsuyoshitakamoto said...

I saw no difference in the before and after.  Am I missing something?

Hgf said...

tsuyoshitakamoto what you have been doing to me morris. and good kitty is called cyber bulling which is a crime  you are harrassing, threatning and stalking . this is hassasment on the internet .see you  went on the internet and got mine and good kitties hhp . so now you know my name and also good kitties name then you threatend both of us . you said that you gave my name to the main street wire telling them i am a federal  criminal also you said you have given my name to the a federal  agent .  you also said that you gave good ketties name to the same  federal agent and the main street wire ,you have slanded mine  and my wife and  kids good name . as we live in fear that our name will be in the main street wire, for something that is not true  ,because of you my kids do not want to go to school because they are afraid of you , as they have read the  things you have said about their father.i have never ever threaten you, not once .i do not threaten anyone .also i understand you have a firearm ,well now me my wife and kids are in fear for our lifes , because you know where we live .i am thinking of going to the police then in which they will take away your fire arm . believe me   i know they will . see  tsuyoshi just because i am on sec8 , it doses not mean i am a low life, you have my name so why dont you ask the federal agent who i am .so i guess i will be seeing you when  my name appears in the wire ,