Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Roosevelt Island Soccer Field Renamed To Honor Retired Public Safety Chief Jack McManus For Bringing Outstanding Community Policing Service To RI And Coaching Youth Soccer Too

On October 2, the newly renovated Roosevelt Island soccer field was reopened and renamed in honor of recently retired Roosevelt Island Public Safety Department Chief Jack McManus

Image From RIOC Facebook Page

for his outstanding service to the Roosevelt Island community these past 6 years and for his work coaching soccer to many of our local youth.


I spoke with the Chief after the ribbon cutting and renaming ceremony for the Roosevelt Island Jack McManus Soccer Field. Chief McManus was clearly moved by the outpouring of appreciation and respect telling me:
... This is overwhelming. In a million years I would never see this coming. I don't do it for that reason. I enjoy working with the kids. I'm flattered beyond explanation  and appreciative and.... I'm so happy that my family could be here as well.
 Image Of Chief McManus With His Family Following Renaming Ceremony

Chief McManus also talks about why he decided to coach soccer to the Roosevelt  Island youth and how it helped the Public Safety Department.



Here's the renaming ceremony hosted by Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC) President Susan Rosenthal



followed by the young Roosevelt Island soccer players

Image from RIOC Facebook Page

running on the newly renovated



Jack McManus Soccer Field for the first time.

0 comments :